* Help with VGAPCK
@ 1998-02-23  0:00 Josh Highley
From: Josh Highley @ 1998-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I posted an earlier message about an Ada package to do the equivalent of
"LINE" and "PSET" in QBasic.  In other words, pixel by pixel control of
the computer screen.  I was told to Adagraph and vgapck05 and vgapck06.
 I downloaded all of these, but when I tried to compile the programs, I
got all kinds of errors.  It was because the external file name doesn't
match the coded file name.  I tried renaming and all that but nothing
worked.  I even used the commands the readme's told me to use.  I'm
using GNAT 3.10 and AdaGIDE 6.18.  What do I do.  Can I use what I got
or is there some other packages I could try?  --joshhighley@hotmail.com

* Re: Help with VGAPCK
@ 1998-02-24  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1998-02-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Highley <joshhighley@hotmail.com> schreef in artikel
<34f1c769.0@silver.truman.edu>...

> I posted an earlier message about an Ada package to do the equivalent of
> "LINE" and "PSET" in QBasic.

Yes, I remember

> the computer screen.  I was told to Adagraph and vgapck05 and vgapck06.

Right.

>  I downloaded all of these, but when I tried to compile the programs, I
> got all kinds of errors.  It was because the external file name doesn't
> match the coded file name.

Hmmm, sound like you tried to compile a DOS program with a Windows
compiler.

> worked.  I even used the commands the readme's told me to use.

> I'm
> using GNAT 3.10 and AdaGIDE 6.18.

Take the AdaGraph package for GNAT, unzip it in a temporary
directory, run setup, follow instructions. After that, consult the
help file that will have been installed in AdaGIDE on how to
proceed.

If you still cannot get it to work, mail me, and we will sort
it out.

Jerry.