* Dll files
@ 1998-02-17  0:00 Andy Perkins
From: Andy Perkins @ 1998-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been programming for several years, but have never ran across a
situation where I absolutely needed to make a DLL file.  Now I have...
I have Borland C++ 5.02 and need to write a SVGA graphics package to
link into an Ada program.

I don't have a clue about where to start...  I will probably end up
writing most of it in inline assembly.  I don't know if I am supposed to
have anything special in my source code to make a DLL file.  So, if
anyone can get me started on this, it would be much appreciated as I
need to have this DLL finished by the end of the week.

It would be much easier for my to just link in an object file from Turbo
Assembler, like you can do in Pascal.  So, if any Ada programmers know
of a way to do that, or even a way to output data to a port (such as
assembly "out") please let me know.  I am using GNAT Ada 3.10p.

Thanks
storm@vci.net

* Re: Dll files
@ 1998-02-20  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1998-02-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>... but as far as I know, there is no way to use the Windows API
> from within Ada.
How about "pragma import" for a roll-your-own thin binding, Win32Ada
for a free-for-the-downloading, thin binding, CLAW for an Ada-style
thick binding, or TASH for a very thick (Tcl/Tk) binding.