* [student] "Undefined Reference to...." Linking Problem.
@ 1998-02-16  0:00 cyanide
From: cyanide @ 1998-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using a free SVGA package, which in turn uses a few packages of it's
own. I've written my own program that uses these packages, using the
functions and types specified in the ads file. The program compiles, but
when I link I get a long list of errors saying:

Undefined reference to <Identifier>

I feel there is a simple error behind this, can anybody help?

These views do not nessesarily
reflect the views of
the CIA... er... *ahem*
Larry's Pizza,
Cnr Main, Harboyle St, Il.

* Re: [student] "Undefined Reference to...." Linking Problem.
@ 1998-02-18  0:00 ` Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Undefined reference to <Identifier>
>
> I feel there is a simple error behind this, can anybody help?

May be It is necessary to add some obj files to your project. But when you
ask questions like this it is necessary write what compiler and platform do
you use.

* Re: [student] "Undefined Reference to...." Linking Problem.
@ 1998-02-20  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1998-02-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

cyanide <ojw@iinet.net.au> schreef in artikel
<34E85AC2.FA6A2C95@iinet.net.au>...

> I'm using a free SVGA package, which in turn uses a few packages of it's
> own. I've written my own program that uses these packages, using the
> functions and types specified in the ads file. The program compiles, but
> when I link I get a long list of errors saying:
>
> Undefined reference to <Identifier>
>
> I feel there is a simple error behind this, can anybody help?

If you happen to use my SVGA02 package, note that this is meant for
a DOS compiler (ie GNAT 3.07 for DOS). This looks like you are using
a compiler for another environment.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Team Ada       | email: jdijk@acm.org