* Ada's 15 Today!
@ 1998-02-17  0:00 Alexy Khrabrov
From: Alexy Khrabrov @ 1998-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada was standardized on this day, February 17,
1983 -- 15 years ago!  Can you believe that?!

- Alexy V. Khrabrov <http://suffix.com>
  University of Pennsylvania

* Re: Ada's 15 Today!
@ 1998-02-18  0:00 ` Anonymous
From: Anonymous @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Feb 1998 19:45:43 GMT, khrabrov@gradin.cis.upenn.edu (Alexy
Khrabrov) wrote:

> Ada was standardized on this day, February 17,
> 1983 -- 15 years ago!  Can you believe that?!

Actually, Ada was standardized on 1980 Dec 10 (MIL-STD1815), revised in
1983 (ANSI/MIL-STD1815A, adopted by ISO 1987), and revised again in
1995.

Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
My real e-mail address: ( carter @ innocon . com )
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Posted with Spam Hater - see
http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/spam/

* Re: Ada's 15 Today!
@ 1998-02-18  0:00   ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Before Ada was standardized it was unstandardized.

And before that it was called DOD-I.

It's like a baby, according to some parents, starts as a twinkle
in your mother's eye, then a dream in your father's mind, and
whoooosh: there's a baby Ada, and it gets named, and it gets
birthday presents: compilers, standardizations, and eventually
goes to the vaccination clinic to get debuggers.

* Re: Ada's 15 Today!
@ 1998-02-19  0:00     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 1998-02-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

And, I suppose like all children, it started out Green ...

Michael F Brenner <mfb@mbunix.mitre.org> wrote in article
<6ceth6$cmt@top.mitre.org>...