From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: COM & Ada
Date: 1998/02/13
Date: 1998-02-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

This would be a case where a 'thin' binding would be all that is required.
Something that Ada compiler vendors ought to think about hmm?

At the least, provision should be made for: (a) accessing vtables
(preferably, I think, by means of the Convention pragma); (b) the basic COM
interfaces (IUnknown; IMalloc; etc.).

--

== Nick Roberts ================================================

Michael F Brenner <mfb@mbunix.mitre.org> wrote in article
<6bv2qo$64u@top.mitre.org>...
> Juergen > ... You can use the Ada95 tagged record mechanism to construct
your
>         > COM objects.
>         > The real bad news is of courses, that all the header files with
all
>         > the predefined GUIDS, Interfaces etc, etc. only exist for
C/C++,