From: "Nick Roberts" <Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: ROBERT DEWER, Chill out...
Date: 1998/01/23
Date: 1998-01-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ah but no!  When Dr Dewar gets behind that keyboard, a hideous
transformation takes place: the normally placid doctor becomes a MONSTER!!!
 R. L. Stevenson wrote a book about him, in fact.

We love you really RD xxxxx ;-)

--

Nick Roberts
Croydon, UK

Proprietor, ThoughtWing Software; Independent Software Development
Consultant
* Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com * Voicemail & Fax +44 181-405 1124 *
*** Always game for a verbal joust (usually as the turkey) ***

Adam Donahue <donahue@acf2.nyu.edu> wrote in article
<6aajie$4v6$1@news.nyu.edu>...
> I have to jump in and say that, knowing Robert Dewar personally (he is a
professor
> of mine), what might appear as "rudeness" in e-mail is merely
matter-of-factness.
> Just because he doesn't happen to dot every sentence with a string of
smilies does
> not mean he's on the rampage.  It's all about tone people;  tone is not
conveyed well
> via ASCII!  (Was I yelling just then, or just making a point?  See what I
mean?)  I
> have only known the man to be most polite and good-humored in person, and
I highly