From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT 3.09 vs 3.10 on Linux
Date: 1997/09/22
Date: 1997-09-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

To follow on my previous message:

Yes, and while I like fast compilation, too, I'll take slower compiles that
save debugging time
any day of the week.  Besides, gnat's compilation model is so superior to
that of the Ada83
compilers with which we had to contend for so long, I don't complain at all
about compilation
speed.

Indidentally, the ability to eliminate recompilation for files which are
changed, but without
semantic modificaton -- e.g., adding comments -- by using the -m switch on
gnatmake is
really nice.

David C. Hoos, Sr.,
david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com