* GNAT Ada and Cygnus GNU compilers
@ 1997-08-27  0:00 Aaron Quantz
From: Aaron Quantz @ 1997-08-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to replace an old Ada x-ompiler for 68k family. I'm
thinking of using the GNAT Ada compiler and hooking it to the Cignus
GNU C x-ompiler (my platform is PC/NT). Anyone have any luck doing
this or have any other suggestions for how to to PC-to-68k development
(without spending ALOT)? All opinions are welcome!

Regards,
Aaron Quantz                    \^ ^/
                                )@ @(
+---------------------------oOO--(_)------------------------------------+
+ Mgr Software Development, Turret Control Systems                      +
+ HR Textron                        | Phone: (805) 253-5471             +
+ 25200 W. Rye Canyon Rd.           | Fax:   (805) 253-5962             +
+ Valencia, CA USA 91355-1265       | Email: aquantz@ibm.net            +
+ Visit the Textron web site: http://www.textron.com                    +
+-----------------------------------Oooo--oOO---------------------------+
                              oooO (   )
                             (   )  ) /
                              \ (  (_/
                               \_)

* Re: GNAT Ada and Cygnus GNU compilers
@ 1997-08-28  0:00 ` wiljan
From: wiljan @ 1997-08-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Quantz <aquantz@ibm.net> wrote in article
<34043791.58459930@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>...
> I'm trying to replace an old Ada x-ompiler for 68k family. I'm
> thinking of using the GNAT Ada compiler and hooking it to the Cignus
> GNU C x-ompiler (my platform is PC/NT). Anyone have any luck doing
> this or have any other suggestions for how to to PC-to-68k development
> (without spending ALOT)? All opinions are welcome!

I did this and have a complete working tool chain: ld, binutils, as, gcc,
gdb
Building the cross tools is pretty straight foreward when using the cygnus
binary and source distributions. Simply do EXACTLY as they tell you to.

Building the cross Ada compiler is not that trival. You can not build from
the
gcc sources of cygnus.
Right now I have build m68k gnat using the latest snapshot of gcc, the
sources
of gnat3.10b and I got an extra patch from ACT to fix a bug.

Wiljan