* How to calculate negative binary??
@ 1997-03-31  0:00 Centaury
From: Centaury @ 1997-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Compilation error occurs when I entered the line :

p:=2# - 1010110 #

and is caused by the negative value of the binary. How to correct it?

--
Please mail replies to :
utopian@pl.jaring.my

* Re: How to calculate negative binary??
@ 1997-03-31  0:00 ` Mark A Biggar
From: Mark A Biggar @ 1997-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <01bc3bf9$a8a655e0$d87d8ea1@AaBbCcDd> "Centaury" <utopian@pl.jaring.my> writes:
>Compilation error occurs when I entered the line :
>p:=2# - 1010110 #
>and is caused by the negative value of the binary. How to correct it?

There is no such thing as a negative literal number in Ada, there is just
the negation operator applied to a positive literal.  This usualy makes
no difference as all compilers do the evaluation of the negation operator in
such a case at compile time, so what you want to write is:

p := -2#1010110#;

--
Mark Biggar
mab@wdl.lmco.com

* Re: How to calculate negative binary??
@ 1997-04-03  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1997-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Centaury (utopian@pl.jaring.my) wrote:
: Compilation error occurs when I entered the line :

: p:=2# - 1010110 #

: and is caused by the negative value of the binary. How to correct it?

   p := -2#1010110#;

No spaces are allowed between '#'s.  The minus sign goes out front,
and you need a semicolon at the end.  See the syntax for "based literals"
in RM95 2.4.2.

: --
: Please mail replies to :
: utopian@pl.jaring.my