From: "wiljan" <W.Derks@nl.cis.philips.com>
Subject: Re: The NT port of GNAT 3.09
Date: 1997/01/27
Date: 1997-01-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu> wrote in article
<dewar.854358699@merv>...
> A current limitation of the release is that it *must* be installed on
> drive C. It is not possible to successfully specify an alternative drive
> for the installation.
I am user of 309 for NT and it is certainly possible to install on a
different drive.
The only thing one must do is edit the registery of NT after installation.
Do the installation in the following steps:
    - Install gnat on a specific driver, but in dir /usr
    - run any command of it (simply call gcc). This makes the
      cygnus run time to create the right registery entries.
    - The fix the registery as follows:
This has to do with the way cygnus maps the unix file system to nt.
When you look at the registery in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, in the tree
  Software\Cygnus Support\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\
One will find that there are several subs called 00 upto 04 in there.
every sub is a mapping of unix to NT.
In my case the last one 04 contains a mapping of the
unix / to the NT directory c:\
If you change the c in a d everything can reside on drive d
This also allows one to put GNAT on a server.

Wiljan