* An Ada compiler, again
@ 1997-01-17  0:00 Ayad Al-Adnani
From: Ayad Al-Adnani @ 1997-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need a compiler that works in dos and is compatible with unix

	xxxx   xxxx===============================
	  x     x			 	||
	   x   x Ayad Al-Adnani			||
            x x Computer Science, CS1 (group 1) ||
             x University of Hertfordshire      ||
            x x Hertfordshire, UK  	        ||
	   x   x			        ||
	  x     x			        ||
	xxxx   xxxx===============================
            The Truth Is Out There...somewhere
		You just have to keep on looking

* Re: An Ada compiler, again
@ 1997-01-17  0:00 ` Jim Dorman
From: Jim Dorman @ 1997-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stop by http://www.pcada.com and see what's available.  If you are writing
to standard Ada libraries, you can build it in DOS and then simply
recompile it on your Unix system.  That should work fine!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jim Dorman
Active Engineering Technologies, Inc.
jimd@pcada.com
http://www.pcada.com

Ayad Al-Adnani <aa8cz@herts.ac.uk> wrote in article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.970117110704.10939C-100000@altair.herts.ac.uk>...

@ 1997-01-17  0:00 ` Stanley Allen
From: Stanley Allen @ 1997-01-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ayad Al-Adnani wrote:

> I need a compiler that works in dos and is compatible with unix

When you say "compatible", remember that the
Ada language is very portability-oriented.  As
long as you are not using a lot of system-specific
features (e.g. interfaces to dos or unix libaries),
your code should work using compilers from
different vendors on different platforms.

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com