* Need help selecting multprocessing Ada
@ 1996-10-09  0:00 Bart Hendrick
From: Bart Hendrick @ 1996-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to find all the validated Ada 83 compilers that support threads
for a Intel pentium based multiprocessor system running Windows NT

--
Welcome to the World of bart

* Re: Need help selecting multprocessing Ada
@ 1996-10-10  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <53iu2s$cdn@hacgate2.hac.com>, ddavenpo@redwood.hac.com (Darren C Davenport) writes:
> Bart Hendrick (bart@sh1.ro.com) wrote:
> : I want to find all the validated Ada 83 compilers that support threads
> : for a Intel pentium based multiprocessor system running Windows NT
>
> Why in the world aren't you using Ada95?

I have no idea what Bart's reason is, but one very good reason
might be that the software in question is already written.

I presume he would not reject a validated Ada 95 compiler,
but if the software does not require Ada 95 the field of
candidate compilers can be wider.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Need help selecting multprocessing Ada
@ 1996-10-10  0:00 ` Jason Smith
From: Jason Smith @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try
  http://www.thomsoft.com/products/ada/oa/factsht.html
They make a full line of Windows based Ada products.

Bart Hendrick <bart@sh1.ro.com> wrote in article
<53h14s$pdm@news.ro.com>...

From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <53h14s$pdm@news.ro.com>, bart@sh1.ro.com (Bart Hendrick) writes:
> I want to find all the validated Ada 83 compilers that support threads
> for a Intel pentium based multiprocessor system running Windows NT

If you have access to the World Wide Web,

	http://www.adahome.com/

has pointers to most of the Ada web world, as well as its own list
of compilers and vendors thereof.

If a vendor of some validated compiler has not bothered to ensure
their product is listed, I would consider rejecting the vendor based
on a lack of business prowess.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Need help selecting multprocessing Ada
@ 1996-10-10  0:00 ` Darren C Davenport
From: Darren C Davenport @ 1996-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bart Hendrick (bart@sh1.ro.com) wrote:
: I want to find all the validated Ada 83 compilers that support threads
: for a Intel pentium based multiprocessor system running Windows NT

Why in the world aren't you using Ada95?

Darren
: --
: Welcome to the World of bart