* Access to x86 I/O ports
@ 1996-10-02  0:00 JR Crosmer
From: JR Crosmer @ 1996-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to access the I/O ports of the X86 processor
(similar to the inportb, etc. in c) in the w96 gnat?

Options seem to be
a) there is a system call in the libc
b) one must use a w95 API call
c) write an asm procedures and invoke from Ada
d) not possible (must write w95 device driver)

Any experience with any of the above suggested methods?

JR Crosmer

* Re: Access to x86 I/O ports
@ 1996-10-09  0:00 ` Jim Dorman
From: Jim Dorman @ 1996-10-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

What operating system are you using?  If it's DOS, you can use the R/S232
library package in the Adauser libraries that are available for IntegrAda,
ActivAda, or Janus/Ada.

For more information on this subject give me a call.  For more general
information on Ada products for the PC you can visit
"http://www.pcada.com".  Sorry, AdaUser and AdaGraphics are not yet
available for GNAT.  If that's an interest for you, drop us a line.  We
don't want to port the libraries if no one wants them.

--
Jim Dorman
Active Engineering Technologies, Inc.

JR Crosmer <jrc@calvin.cca.rockwell.com> wrote in article