From: "Tony Picarello" <primate@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Executable File Size Differences
Date: 1996/09/28
Date: 1996-09-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I too compiled the simple "Hello World" program using ObjectAda.  The exe
size "Win32 (Intel) Debug" version was 715K.  The exe "Win32 (Intel)
Release" version was 82.5K.

For obvious reasons, building a Debug version brings a lot of extra stuff
into the exe.  Just be sure that your final build is a Release version.  I
think this answers the question of the why the ObjectAda exe is several
hundred Kilobytes larger than the C++ exe.

Regards,
Tony

Robert Dewar <dewar@schonberg.cs.nyu.edu> wrote in article
<dewar.843920181@schonberg>...
> Robert said
>
> "I tried compiling a simple "Hello World" program with the Thomson
Software's Act