From: "wiljan" <W.Derks@nl.cis.philips.com>
Subject: Re: How to wait for task completion
Date: 1996/09/16
Date: 1996-09-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org> wrote in article
<qw6k9tw3sci.fsf@gargantua.enst.fr>...

> Wiljan> Is there a simply way to wait until a task has completed in
> Wiljan> Ada?
>
> Assuming you are referring to Ada 95, you may well associate a
> protected type with each task which will have two entries: one called
> by the task just before it dies, the other one blocking until the
> first one is called (and non-blocking if the first entry has
> already been called).

In my case I want to wait for task completion, Not until it is almost
completed. The code that has to wait for the task completion want to
clean up resources when that task is terminated. If these resources
are cleaned up before that, it will certainlly lead to erroneous execution.
In my case I want to clean up the task object itself by using
ada.unchecked_deallocation.

Wiljan