From: "Jim Dorman" <jimd@pcada.com>
Subject: Re: OpenAda
Date: 1996/09/06
Date: 1996-09-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

For the record, OpenAda was Meridian Software's attempt to use Ada to
program Windows applications.  It didn't work too well from what I heard,
however, since it's no longer available the point is mute.

You might want to visit our WEB site and see what your current choices are
in a PC Ada marketplace.  The address is "http://www.pcada.com".   After
Meridian got bought and then Verdix got bought, the PC compiler dropped by
the wayside and the nice folks up there started sending their students to
us.

If you want to write Ada programs for DOS or Windows, use a DOS or Windows
environment with Ada sensitive tools and "ready-made" libraries, and even
visual design tools and CBT Ada tutorials, you can find what you want.

Stop by and browse around.  Brochures are "online" and "demo disks" can be
easily downloaded with a link to our FTP Site.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

--
Jim Dorman
Active Engineering Technologies, Inc.

Whistler <conde@ucla.edu> wrote in article