* Re: Rational on vacation?
@ 1996-09-04  0:00 ` David Mercer
From: David Mercer @ 1996-09-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The current version of Apex for Solaris is 2.0.8F.  It has full
semantic checking for 95 but code generation for only a VERY small
subset.  I have tried to get an answer from Rational as to when 95
will be available but to no avail.  They won't commit.  v2.2 is due
out sometime before year end but I have no idea what features it will
have.

I agree that Rational Tech support has been getting worse and worse,
slower and slower for the three products we use (Apex, Rose, SoDA).
They tell me they are swamped.

With Thompson blazing forth with Object Ada and Rational's heavy work
load and C++ success, I wonder if there is any internal questioning of
the future of the VADS product line?  Not having a 95 compiler out yet
IMHO shows a lack of commitment or a stronger commitment to other
products (Apex C++).

On the bright side, I REALLY like Apex and Rose Ada v2.7.6 generates
Ada 95 code.

DAve

--
Dave Mercer, MEng, PEng
Software Kinetics Ltd.

Ph.  613-831-0888
Fax. 613-831-1836
EMail. dave.mercer@sofkin.ca

* Rational on vacation?
@ 1996-09-04  0:00 Terry J. Westley
From: Terry J. Westley @ 1996-09-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-09-05  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1996-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Terry,
Just carried on e-mail correspondence today with support@rational.com.
I know this is for tech support, but there were real people answering the
mail today.  Maybe that address can get you some redirection that works.
Hope this helps
--
David C. Hoos, Sr.,
http://www.dbhwww.com