From: "Jim Dorman" <jimd@pcada.com>
Subject: Re: External C functions and ADA
Date: 1996/08/26
Date: 1996-08-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

If you are trying to use C with Ada you might want to quit using your
Meridian compiler and invest in one from a company that still supports
them.  You can do that inexpensively with an Ada83 version of IntegrAda
that contains some Ada95 features like IMPORT/EXPORT and also has an
interface to both Microsoft & Borland C.

You can choose either a DOS or Windows environment and many ready-made
AdaUser libraries to help you.  You can also add in AdaGraphics or AdaData
if you are trying to use C to build a something graphical or link up with
dBASE or Clipper databases.

Stop by our WEB Site at "http://www.pcada.com" and take a look at what your
choices are.  I'll even take your Meridian compiler in on trade.

I look forward to hearing from you!

--
Jim Dorman
Active Engineering Technologies, Inc.

Joseph Fabian <CrsadrJoe@gnn.com> wrote in article
<4vocdh$c0j@news-e2c.gnn.com>...
> Hi.   For the last week I've been trying desperately to figure out how to

> call a simple user defined C function from within an ADA program, without

> the slightest bit of success I might add.  I'm using the Meridian
compiler,
> which is an older ADA83 compliant program, because that happens to be the

> compiler of choice at the school I'll be attending next semester.  In a
> package spec, I'm declaring the subprogram like this:
>
>   Procedure Clrscrn;
>   Pragma Interface(C, Clrscrn);
>
> This compiles beautifully.  Then I wrote the corresponding C function,
> compiled it and moved the object file to the ADA directory.  I then wrote
> simple driver program to call the imported C function, which compiled
fine
> also.  All that's left is to link it all together right ?  Well, that's
> where the bombs start dropping.  The link error "Unresolved Externals:
> _Clrscrn", has spent more time on my monitor than any code I've been
> writing lately.  All I can think is that the linker isn't finding the
> object code for the interface function.  Either I'm not putting it in the

> right directory, or I'm not naming the file correctly, or something.
This