From: David Kristola <David95037@See-My.Sig>
Subject: Re: Jobs at Lockheed Martin
Date: 2000/10/07
Date: 2000-10-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:15:26 -0700, Ted Dennison wrote
(in message <8r37q9$o4u$1@nnrp1.deja.com>):

> In article <39D36ED9.82FB5D14@lmco.com>,
>   William Dale <william.dale.jr@lmco.com> wrote:
>> Not sure where you are located but there is no interest in Ada at LM
>> Mussels and Space, Sunnyvale. THAAD is converting all of its Missile
>> Ada code to C++.   I work on the only piece of new Ada being done
>> here.

They are also converting their FORTRAN simulation code to C++.

> Hmmm. A classic sign of stupid management. The nice thing about Ada projects
> is that idiot managers don't like them, so you don't work under as many of
> them. :-)

I know some of the key players on the THAAD team.  They are not idiots.
They are smart, experienced, good engineers who don't like Ada.

I have no doubt that they will build successful flight software using
C++.  People working on the project will learn a new language, and in
a few years, i would expect that many of those people will have moved
on to other jobs in the valley.

--
--djk, keeper of arcane lore & trivial fluff
Home: David95036 plus 1 at america on-line