From: "David Kristola" <David95037@See-My.Sig>
Subject: Re: UML Ada modeling question
Date: 2000/04/12
Date: 2000-04-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:04:22 -0700, Ray Blaak wrote
(in message <u3dotqz95.fsf@infomatch.com>):
>> Can anyone suggest a form for modeling nested Ada packages in a UML
>> component diagram?
>
> An Ada package would correspond to a package that contains classes (i.e.
> types). Classes can be assigned to components.
>
> If you are using Rose...

Object Team (a.k.a. COOL:Jex) does not allow nesting of UML packages,
and if we had used a subsystem per package, well, it would have been
a nighmare.  I don't know how it would have turned out if we had used
Rose.

We have been representing nested and child Ada packages as classes
that are "a part of" the root class (Ada package).  We went with
mapping classes to Ada packages.  Our system is really object based,
not object oriented.

I really like UML, but it can be difficult to capture some Ada
concepts in it.

--djk
email not spam to the name given above but at the AOL domain.