* occam to ada
@ 1998-02-18  0:00 ||sAmEk||
From: ||sAmEk|| @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

does anybody know cross compiler (?) from occam to ada 95

* Re: occam to ada
@ 1998-02-18  0:00 ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

||sAmEk|| <samek@technologist.com> wrote:

>does anybody know cross compiler (?) from occam to ada 95

Not that I know of, not that it would be a "cross-compiler" anyway.
What you're looking for is a translator and, based on the limits
imposed on Occam (2) I would siggest that writing one yourself would
be pretty simple really.

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>

* Re: occam to ada
@ 1998-02-18  0:00   ` David  Weller
From: David  Weller @ 1998-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <34eb371b.933779@news.demon.co.uk>,
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk.nospam> wrote:
>||sAmEk|| <samek@technologist.com> wrote:
>
>>does anybody know cross compiler (?) from occam to ada 95
>>

>Not that I know of, not that it would be a "cross-compiler" anyway.
>What you're looking for is a translator and, based on the limits
>imposed on Occam (2) I would siggest that writing one yourself would
>be pretty simple really.

As the American saying goes, "Been There, Done That" :-)

I and another chap (Howard Stein) wrote an Occam2->Ada95 translator in
Perl about a year and a half ago.  Took us about 3 weeks.  It wasn't
perfect, but it did most of the job (about 95%).

Alas, that source is held within the hands of Hughes (now Raytheon),
who has no bloody idea what to do with it now that it's orginal
purpose is done (we translated a huge radar simulator from Occam2 to
Ada95..ported that puppy from those dreadful Transputers to
SGI...ironically, SGI's "big" systems now use a similar "crossbar"
technology that was originally found in the Transputers :-)

I could rewrite it from scratch if there's enough intere$t.
--
	What is DIVX?  Find out at http://www.riva.com/dvd_divx.html
Tired of "junk" e-mail?  Write to your congressman and tell them you support

* Re: occam to ada
@ 1998-02-19  0:00 Simon Johnston
From: Simon Johnston @ 1998-02-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been thinking about this for fun (too much time) but haven't got any really
 good Occam resources to work from.

@ 1998-02-19  0:00     ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1998-02-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dweller@universe.digex.net (David  Weller) wrote:

> ironically, SGI's "big" systems now use a similar "crossbar"
>technology that was originally found in the Transputers :-)

I presume you're referring to the C004s?