From: Jeremiah <jeremiah.breeden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga on Windows
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:00:39 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-05T12:00:39-07:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:00:28 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> Jeremiah, one more thing I thought of clear your browser cache, perhaps it has a broken cache of the boot.html or try using "private mode" or "incognito" mode or whatever it may be on your browser. Which btw is which version?

I use Firefox 32.0.3 and IE 11.0.9600.17280 (IE only as a second opinion per say...mainly firefox).

I don't run either in private mode.  I do run NoScript in FF, but I whitelisted localhost to make sure it wasn't an issue.  I did test by wiping the cash in IE each time and Firefox is set to automatically do that when I close it.  No change due to cache wiping.   Here is some more info on what I see:

1.  If I run the tutorial from minGW bash, both browsers have no trouble getting to local host, even from a fresh browser cache session (and FF does have NoScript running so I know this isn't doin anything).

2.  If I run the tutorial from GPS using the run button, A browser with fresh cache will not open the page and just spin on local host.  It doesn't even tell me the host is unavailable like it would if I didn't have the program running at all.

3.  If I run the tutorial from minGW bash and use a browser and do not clear the cache or close the browser (which of course works) and then I run it from GPS, it works while the cache is not cleared.  However once I close FF (clears the cache) or manually clear on IE, it doesn't work unless I go back and run from minGW bash first again.

As a side note:
I can build it from both within GPS or in minGW bash and get the same results listed.  Also, I tested tutorial_02 and got the same results.  I haven't tested the others but I can if you wish.

Also, on the topic of the exception I mentioned earlier.  I know you probably did this, but out of curiosity, did you make all your Finalize calls idempotent?  At first glance it didn't appear that way, but I didn't dig very deep so you might be and I just missed it.  If not, that might explain why I get the exception and you haven't on other platform configurations.