From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Wasabee 0.0.2 (Ada Web browser) downloads
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-09-12T13:16:22-07:00	[thread overview]

> I did have a few questions and ideas:
> (1) Would having a SGML parser, and definitions for HTML, XML, XHTML, EDGAR, etc be desirable? -- It would be a bit more work up-front, but give some big returns on flexibility.

You certainly know better in this subject. Do you have a SGML parser ?
In this case you can test it first in a sandbox on random Web pages to evaluate its usefulness.
The Wikipedia page on this topic seems a bit pessimistic about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Generalized_Markup_Language#HTML
It confirms my experience (on both sides: writing HTML by hand, or parsing HTML for Wasabee) - from the very beginning, browsers are adapted to the lowest possible HTML code quality. The market forces would eliminate a browser that expects "correct" HTML. For XHTML, it's even simpler: you can probably count on one hand the XHTML web sites. Even features meant to be not supported anymore in the HTML standard, like frames or the <font> tag, are of course supported by major browsers. Once it's there, it's forever...

> (3) Will the scripting engine be JavaScript, or more general? (i.e. allowing an "AdaScript".)

I'd start with a JavaScript subset, growing step by step.

> (4) Are you the only contributor?
At the moment it seems so.
> and Are you looking for others to contribute?
Not actively, but contributions are always welcome.

> (5) WRT scripting/VMs, what do you think of SPARK?
No opinion - someone ?

G.