* Ada Job: (Nationwide) - PRC Inc. (MANY jobs - all skills needed)
@ 1996-09-13  0:00 Kenneth Mays
From: Kenneth Mays @ 1996-09-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jobs are current as of September 1996. Nationwide placement. Ada jobs
as well as jobs for other skill sets. Hope this helps you or maybe a
friend.
- Ken, kmays@msn.com

 PRC Inc.
 1500 PRC Drive
 McLean, VA  22102
 Fax: 703/556-2269

COMPUTER SCIENCE
----------------

Position: ASST CMPTR ANL Req #: GV842 HR Rep: Giardy Ritz Manager: D. Dickens
Dept/Contract: PELL Location: Wash DC Req Type: FTE Date: 08/19/96 Grade: 15
recurring
> production, initiates follow-up on over due jobs.  Deliver output to user,
> maintains reports, process data tapes, etc. Required: HS Diploma or
> equivalent, computer knowledge. JCL, IBM 3090 hardware operating
system, JES2
> and MVS, IBM utilities, TSO, ISPF, Xerox 9700, IBM Mainframe exp. Production
> exp, Lotus, Word Perfect. PC-IBM compatible exp.

> Position: ASST CMPTR ANL Req #: AB708, AB709, AB710, AB711 HR Rep:
Alice Brown
> Manager: Ed Norman Dept/Contract: Location: Fairborn, OH Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/22/96 Grade: 15 Description: SW development on AIPSS; assist module level
> coding. Required: U. S. Citizenship and ability to obtain Top
Secret clearance
> is required. Desired: Familiar with SQL, PRO C, Oracle forms, reports, Web
> server, Stylus or HTML is desirable.

 Position: ASSOC CMPTR ANL Req #: PS195, PS196 HR Rep: Penny Smith Manager:
> Stichka Location: San Diego, CA Req Type: FTE Date: 08/23/96 Grade: 16
> control system applications in JAVA and C++.  Required: Experience on UNIX
> workstations and in developing client-server systems. C++ expertise is
> required. Desired: Additional experience with JAVA and developing
web browser
> applications is a real plus and highly desirable.

 Position: CMPTR ANL Req #: LG097 HR Rep: Colleen Evans Manager: D. Schaus
> Dept/Contract: System Engineering/Integration Location: Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/26/96 Grade: 18 Description: System Administrator for the E-2 software
> support laboratory. Responsibilities include configuration and
troubleshooting
> of SUN, HP, and DEC Alpha workstation/servers; Windows NT server;
X-terminals,
> PCs, and Macintoshes; end-user support with network related problems;
> contacting vendors for product information, hardware/software purchases, and
> demonstrations; and overseeing network operation. Required: Essential
> knowledge/skills/abilities; preferred education/experience are required.
> Candidate must have BS in technical field; 1 to 4 years experience
in systems
> administration in a mixed platform environment; working knowledge
of UNIX and
> Window NT. Would like candidate to have DEC Alpha, DNS, FDDI networking.
>
> Position: CMPTR ANL Req #: LM634, LM635 HR Rep: Lyndee McInnis Manager: P.
> O'Brien Dept/Contract: D/SIDDOMS Location: McLean, VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/20/96 Grade: 18 Description: Will monitor, schedule and execute incoming
> trouble calls assigned by the Remedy Trouble Ticketing System. Will schedule
> and execute all calls assigned, perform PC/MAC computer repair and
> installation. Peripherals and LAN/WAN troubleshooting,
installation, repairs.
> Monitor current infrastructure and resolve maintenance issues, suggest
> architecture and technical refresh modifications to ensure preventive
> maintenance. Required: Candidate will be expected to know batch and software
> vendor patches and some UNIX sw programming for simple hw configuration of
> LAN/WAN's. BS degree with 6 - 8 yrs experience. Must have exp with
PC desktop
> sw, email, PPP, dial up access, light network admin for WinNT LAN/WAN's to
> perform troubleshooting and maintenance on all. Must be able to do
spares and
> maintenance on PC and Peripherals, and Networking equip. Some UNIX sw
> installations/configure LAN/WAN's. Excellent Customer Service skills.
>

> Position: CMPTR ANL Req #: AB712, AB713 HR Rep: Alice Brown
Manager: Ed Norman
> Dept/Contract: Location: Fairborn, OH Req Type: FTE Date: 08/22/96 Grade: 18
BS in EE/CS
> or MIS; 4 yrs exp; proficient with UNIX, C, Motif. U.S. Citizenship and
> ability to obtain Top Secret clearance is required. Desired:
Familiarity with
> SQL, PRO C, Oracle Forms, Reports, Web Server, Conquest, Stylus or HTML.
>

> Position: CMPTR ANL Req #: CE112, CE113 HR Rep: Colleene Evans Manager: B.
> Brown Dept/Contract: SPAWAR PD70 Location: McLean VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/23/96 Grade: 18 Description: GCCS technical and functional support.
> Includes: support for installation and training at Navy remote and shore
> sites, development of operational procedures and system
integration. Required:
> 5 years data processing experience, advanced UNIX knowledge, JOPES
functional
> expertise, GCCS system expertise. Secret security clearance
required. Desired:
> HP-UX, JMCIS system knowledge, IBM compatible PC experience a plus. BS in
> computer science desired but experience may be substituted.
>

> Position: CMPTR ANL Req #: CE115 HR Rep: Colleene Evans Manager: M. Toland
> Dept/Contract: IT/Cinclantflt N65 Support Location: Norfolk, VA Req
Type: FTE
> Date: 08/23/96 Grade: 18 Description: Analyst/Programmer for Internet style
> and other client server applications developed in C, Prcl, Berlands Delphi,
> and Visual Basic. Evaluate and implement latest of the shelf office
automation
> applications.  Requires BS degree in computer related field and 4 years
> experience or 8 years of on job training. Required: Windows application
> programming experience in Visual Basic, or DELPHI, or Visual C++. Quick self
> teacher. UNIX system administration, PERL programming experience a plus.
> Thorough knowledge of Internet. Experience w/ Banyan Network. Niutar
> background.  Must be able to obtain US Gov. Secret security clearance.
>

> Position: CMPTR ANL, LD Req #: JTJ026 HR Rep: Joan Johnson Manager:
Scott Bare
> Dept/Contract: Customer Response Center Location: Reston, VA Req Type: FTE
> Date: 08/23/96 Grade: 18 Description:  Provide daily supervision of Customer
> Service Center (CRC) Level l Analysts.  Responsible for CRC which supports
> coverage seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a  year. Additional
> responsibilities include hiring new CRC level l  staff as well as annual
> performance evaluations. Performs analysis on staffing requirements and make
> recommendations and/or changes to improve CRC structure. Primary focus
> involves support of SMP Line of Business in addition to support of
> JEDMICS/EDGE (DDMS). Handle high priority issues or exceptions as
they occur;
> handle customer complaints effectively. Establish and review CRC procedures
> and processes as they are warranted for successful support and
delegate/refer
> to other levels of support within the CRC and PRC. Review activities for
> vendor response failures, delays and escalate problems resulting in down
> time/major system impact. Ensure customers receive needed service/assistance
> in contracted time period. Responsible for updating training matrix or CRC
> staff to ensure proper support of LOB's. Assist in training new and/or
> temporary employees. Aide CRC Level l staff with their individual
professional
> development (technical/non-technical). Generate reports as needed or
> requested. Be an active participant in Quality Improvement Teams with other
> PRC employees and customers. Required: Three plus years previous
experience in
> a Support Center environment, some supervisory experience, adaptable,
> independent worker, effective communication skills (listening, verbal,
> written), effective team player, proven interpersonal skills to deal with
> technical and non-technical customers, ability to work extended hours
> including being on pager at all hours, detail oriented, some college with
> computer and business coursework. Desired: Basic knowledge of SMP, JEDMICS,
> DDMS/EDGE programs, working knowledge of HP-UX, DOS and Oracle, BA
in Computer
> Science or related field.
>
> Position: SR/PRN CMPTR ANL Req #: LM619 HR Rep: Lyndee McInnis Manager: C.
> Havert Dept/Contract: EOP Location: Wash DC Req Type: FTE Date: 08/19/96
> Grade: 20/22 Description: QA (Code Management Systems, Test builder), sw
> documentation, code manager, test scriptor, involved w/code design.
Required:
> BS degree with 7 - 10 yrs experience, with QA, CM and/or programming
> experience. Full lifecycle system dev experience. Exper producing ADP
> policies/procedures. Desired: C, VAX, or Alpha CMS, DCL. Good understanding
> ISO 9000, MIL-Stds (2167A, 2168, 498A), SDLC, SEI-CMM.
>
> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: AB2022 HR Rep: Alice Brown Manager:
Steve Wonder
> Dept/Contract: Defense Systems Location: McLean, VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/20/96 Grade: 20 Description: Required: 5+ yrs UNIX with l yr system
> administration; strong ability to integrate system into existing
> architectures; Oracle/Trusted Oracle desirable; HTML; some travel
is required,
> as is U.S. Citizenship and current TS+ clearance.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: AB2023 HR Rep: Alice Brown Manager:
Steve Wonder
> Dept/Contract: Defense Systems Location: McLean, VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/20/96 Grade: 20 Description: Required:  Oracle DBA/UNIX
programmer; 7+ yrs
> UNIX with l yr system administration; strong ability to integrate
system into
> existing architectures; Oracle/Trusted Oracle desirable;
Multi-level security
> UNIX/OS, PL/SQL; HTML; some travel is required, as is U.S. Citizenship and
> current TS+ clearance.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: LM636, LM637 HR Rep: Lyndee McInnis
Manager: P.
> O'Brien Dept/Contract: D/SIDDOMS Location: McLean, VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/20/96 Grade: 20 Description: Will monitor, schedule and execute incoming
> trouble calls escalated to the third tier using Remedy Trouble Ticketing
> System for Network administration issues.  Will schedule and
execute all calls
> assigned, perform network and router /switching configuration, repair and
> installation, LAN/WAN monitoring and trouble shooting. Monitor current
> infrastructure and resolve maintenance issues, suggest architecture and
> technical refresh modifications to ensure preventive maintenance. Required:
> Candidate be expected to know batch and software vendor patches and
some UNIX
> sw programming for simple hw configuration of LAN/WAN's. BS degree
with 8 plus
> yrs experience. Must have exper with PC desktop sw, email, PPP, dial up
> access, light network admin for WinNT LAN/WAN's to perform
troubleshooting and
> maintenance on all. Must be able to do spares and maintenance on PC and
> Peripherals, and Networking equip. Able to demonstrate extensive UNIX sw
> skills and be familiar with Video and BPR environments. Excellent Customer
> Service skills.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: AB705, AB706 HR Rep: Alice Brown Manager: Ed
> Norman Dept/Contract: Location: Fairborn, OH Req Type: FTE Date: 08/22/96
> Grade: 20 Description: Required: BS Engineering, CS or MIS; 7+ yrs
exper with
> UNIX, C, Motif. Desired: SQL, PRO C, Oracle forms, Web Server, Conquest,
> Stylus or HTML. U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain Top Secret
Clearance is
> required.
>
> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: AB707 HR Rep: Alice Brown Manager: Ed Norman
> Dept/Contract: Location: Fairborn, OH Req Type: FTE Date: 08/22/96 Grade: 20
> prepare SIMR's; prepare site transition plans. Required: Must be
familiar with
> DODIIS and MAIC; broad technical knowledge; 7+ yrs ADP mgmt. U.S.
Citizenship
> and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance is required.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: CE111 HR Rep: Colleen Evans Manager: M. Toland
> Dept/Contract: IT CINCLANTFLT Location: Crystal City, VA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/22/96 Grade: 20 Description: Analyst/Programmer for Internet style and
> other client servers, applications developed in C, PERL, Borland Delphi, M/S
> Visual Basic.  Evaluate & implement latest off the shelf office automation
> applications. Required: BS Degree in Computer related field & 4 years
> experience or 8 years related experience. Windows application programming
> experience in Visual Basic, Borland's Delphi, or Visual C++. UNIX System
> Administration.  PerL programming experience. Thorough knowledge of Internet
> Experience with Banyan Network.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL Req #: CE114 HR Rep: Colleen Evans Manager: M. Toland
> Dept/Contract: IT Florida Dept Law Enforcement Location: Tallahassee, FL Req
> Type: FTE Date: 08/23/96 Grade: 20 Description: Task
Leader/programmer/analyst
> for Intranet based document management system. Maintain HP UNIX 10
servers in
> Tallahassee & Tampa, FL. Support Windows 3.11 client PC user interface.
> Design, Develop & maintain supporting Internet style applications in Oracle,
> PERL, Visual Basic. Required: BS degree in computer related field and four
> years experience or 8 years related experience. Some travel within state of
> Florida. Good customer interaction/client support. Internet and Windows
> programming  experience. UNIX sys admin experience. Quick self teacher. Must
> be able to obtain US Gov. Secret security clearance. Desired:
Experience with
> Netscape commerce and other web servers, Oracle/SQL, Crystal
Reports a plus.

Date: 08/26/96
> Grade: 20 Description: Responsible for clarifying user requirements,
> supporting development of GUI screens and developing technical training to
> support a large document imaging system. Required:  3-5 yrs. exp in
the design
> and development of technical training programs for large, complex systems;
> experience defining user requirements and supporting the
design/development of
> GUI screens; knowledge of ISD; must produce samples of training and user
> support products. Desired: Familiarity with UNIX operating systems; exp.
> designing and developing CBT systems; exp. with image and text
search systems.

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL, LD Req #: PS183 HR Rep: Penny Smith
Manager: Stichka,
> B. Dept/Contract: C4I Dept. Location: San Diego, CA Req Type: FTE Date:
> 08/23/96 Grade: 20 Description: Will lead a team of software engineers that
> are re-engineering command & control system applications in JAVA and/or C++.
> Will be responsible for technical and administrative direction of the team.
> Primary development environment is Hp-UX.  Required: Strong and
proven command
> and control system background, preferably on GCCS/OSS/JMCIS, as well as
> experience in leading a team that is designing, developing and documenting
> modifications to existing applications. Some limited international travel
> required.
>

> Position: SR CMPTR ANL, AM Req #: LD058 HR Rep: Lisa Goldberg Manager: Gene
> Naccarato Dept/Contract: PSI -9-1-1 Project Location: Reston, VA
Req Type: FTE
> Date: 08/20/96 Grade: 21 Description: Will manage the technical
9-1-1 project
> staff and lead the technical software development team. Required: BS in
> Computer Science or Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of experience, at
> least 3 years in a technical project management position. Must have
experience
> with the following: development hardware integration in a DEC OSF/UNIX and
> OS/2 environment; C programming; UNIX; and Client Server. An advanced degree
> is preferred.

> Position: PRN CMPTR ANL Req #: LG096 HR Rep: Colleen Evans Manager:
D. Schaus
> Dept/Contract: System Engineering/Integration Location: Crystal City, VA Req
> Type: FTE Date: 06/11/96 Grade: 22 Description: Provide software engineering
> support to the E-2C Mission Computer Upgrade program. Develop, maintain, and
> test software developed in C, C++, Ada and Motif on a DEC Alpha. Develop
> requirements specifications, design specifications, and test plans.
Work with
> software support activity personnel to implement a Software Process
> Improvement program including software policies, procedures, and training.
> Required: Candidate must have a BS in Computer Science or related technical
> field, 5 to 7 years programming experience, minimum 3 years of C or C++
> programming and experience with UNIX and Motif. Familiarity with SEI
> Capability Maturity Model. Desired: Would like candidate to have experience
> with DEC Alpha, VFW Bus, UNIX internals.

> Position: PRN CMPTR ANL Req #: LM624, LM625, LM626 HR Rep: Lyndee McInnis
> Manager: Argyle Lewis Dept/Contract: USAID Location: Arlington, VA Req Type:
> FTE Date: 08/19/96 Grade: 22 Description: Visual Basic programmer for a
> financial system. Required: Minimum of 6 years experience as an analyst or
> programmer and a college degree or equivalent (3+ years additional
experience
> as a senior programmer). 1+ year Visual Basic V3 or V4 and RDBMS experience.
> Desired: Oracle V7 and active security clearance a plus.
>
> PRC Inc.
> 1500 PRC Drive
> McLean, VA  22102
> Fax: 703/556-2269

xprcx

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-09-13  0:00 UTC | newest]