From: KMays@msn.com (Kenneth Mays)
Subject: Apology
Date: 1996/04/30
Date: 1996-04-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Well, I was going through an email that made a lot of sense to me.
Recently, I've tried to focus on the issues on quality compilers and
software metrics.
The Ada95 compiler (GNAT) was one of the few compilers I wanted to use for
daily projects and book review. Normally, I used a program called IntegrAda
for the testing. Since GNAT is "free" I thought it could be an easier test
model. Well, so far so good. My hope was to find a base of GOOD/GREAT
tutorial books for students at all levels. One of the best books I have
read was "The Ada Tutorial" from the IEEE Computer Society. Although,
it is more of a reference type book it does give great information on
the inside methodology of Ada.

The apology was for the job listings. A focus was placed on posting jobs for
Ada programmers, young and old, on an international basis. I wanted to
keep the postings current and well monitored. A few past mistakes were
made from the posting of SigAda's/AdaIC listings. I hope this was
cleared up. They maintain their own listings and I planned to
contribute to their site. Since the postings, I did receive a lot of
email looking for jobs in different countries. I was only hoping that
the Ada agencies would acknowledge this need. I'd like to know if
jobs exist in Australia, Mexico, Canada, and other countries.

If you feel that comp.lang.ada is only for technical issues and not job
issues then I understand. If you feel otherwise, I'd like to hear.

P.S. I'm looking for a "Ada95 Primer Plus" book that is comparable to
"C++ Primary Plus: Second Edition" from the Waite Group. Even something
comparable to "Teaching Yourself ANSI C++ in 21 Days". Please help me in
this mission to provide QUALITY references on Ada programming and compiler
support.

Ken (kmays@msn.com)

"We all make mistakes, but we should acknowledge our mistakes and move
on instead of looking behind at where we've been." - S.C.