* Re: No tasking with GNAT Ada on Yellow Dog Linux?!?
       [not found] <IFxpKs.6vs@news.boeing.com>
@ 2005-05-04  0:16 ` Jeff C
From: Jeff C @ 2005-05-04  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

*-> That Guy Downstairs <-* wrote:
> I was told that the GNAT Ada on Yellow Dog Linux does NOT support tasking!!
>
> Is this true?!?

Probably. It is not currently listed as a supported platform at:

http://www.gnat.com/gnatpro_summary.php

And it certainly appeared true about a year ago

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-04/msg01189.html

> Could it be?

Yes

> Any plans to include it?

developers are more likely to hang out there.

> Any work arounds?

MacOS X? Or contact AdaCore to see if they will build one for you.

This patch (for an older version of GCC) looks promising because it is small

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2003/09/msg00251.html

* Re: No tasking with GNAT Ada on Yellow Dog Linux?!?
@ 2005-05-05  0:29   ` jim hopper
From: jim hopper @ 2005-05-05  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was told its part of gcc 4.0 but not earlier versions.  i havent
tried it yet. i have patches to build tasking with 3.4.3 if you want
for yellow dog that i got from a guy at boeing.  he said i could pass
them on so if you want them send me an email and i will send them back.
jim

@ 2005-05-05 17:53 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2005-05-05 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

It is correct that tasking with GNAT is supported starting with gcc-4.0. In fact, I have done it. It works beautifully.

AV