From: Ze Administrator <groleaufamily@despammed.com>
Subject: Re: operating support (ada95 - objectada)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:09:08 -0500
Date: 2002-10-08T22:09:08-05:00	[thread overview]

>>Say if I downloaded the latest version of objectada and my college had
>>a older one, would they conflict or be okay?
>
> I think you can install them side by side; depends on whether they use
> the registry intelligently (I'm assuming Windows here).

What IQ are you assuming for "intelligently" ?

When installed, OA lists itself as the app to open
for any .ads or .adb files.  If another program
(such as GNAT) is already registered for that, it
silently takes them away from that program.

This can make for odd behavior in the other program.

Disclaimer: I observed this behavior two years ago.
It may be better now.  It _should_ prompt the user
whether or not to do the override.  If you override,
and then run uninstall of the other, you could delete
files needed for OA (or vice versa).