* MinGW and AdaGIDE
@ 2005-06-14  2:08 Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-06-14  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alfred Hilscher <SPAM@alfred-hilscher.de> wrote:

> AdaGide looks for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada
 > Core Technologies\GNAT". If it cannot access this key, you get the
 > message "GNAT not installed".

Thanks. I created this key (it did not exist) and still get the message.

--
Jeff Carter
"Blessed are they who convert their neighbors'

* Re: MinGW and AdaGIDE
@ 2005-06-16 11:16 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2005-06-16 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, I miss something,

Jeffrey Carter schrieb:

> Alfred Hilscher <SPAM@alfred-hilscher.de> wrote:
>
> > AdaGide looks for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada
>  > Core Technologies\GNAT". If it cannot access this key, you get the
>  > message "GNAT not installed".
>
> Thanks. I created this key (it did not exist) and still get the message.

AdaGide looks for the path

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT"

and expects there a key named "ROOT" which is a string containing the
path where GNAT is installed (e.g. "C:\GNAT").

So if you create the ROOT-key there it should work. Uppercase/Lowercase
and spaces are significant.

Btw: How did you install GNAT? This keys should be created during
installation.

> --
> Jeff Carter
> "Blessed are they who convert their neighbors'
> oxen, for they shall inhibit their girth."
> Monty Python's Life of Brian
> 83

To send me mail, please replace "Spam" by "Jedermann"

* Re: MinGW and AdaGIDE
@ 2005-06-17  2:07   ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-06-17  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alfred Hilscher wrote:

> AdaGide looks for the path
>
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT"
>
> and expects there a key named "ROOT" which is a string containing the
> path where GNAT is installed (e.g. "C:\GNAT").
>
> So if you create the ROOT-key there it should work. Uppercase/Lowercase
> and spaces are significant.

Thanks. I got a similar reply from Martin Carlisle to a private e-mail.
I guess what was throwing me off was the use of "key". In regedit, a key
is a folder in the left pane. In the right pane are values, which have a
name and content. So in this terminology, I need the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT

and a value named ROOT. I built that and it works fine.

> Btw: How did you install GNAT? This keys should be created during
> installation.

I installed MinGW, which installs GNAT, in c:\MinGW\bin.

--
Jeff Carter
"I blow my nose on you."