From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: MinGW and AdaGIDE
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 02:07:55 GMT
Date: 2005-06-17T02:07:55+00:00	[thread overview]

Alfred Hilscher wrote:

> AdaGide looks for the path
>
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT"
>
> and expects there a key named "ROOT" which is a string containing the
> path where GNAT is installed (e.g. "C:\GNAT").
>
> So if you create the ROOT-key there it should work. Uppercase/Lowercase
> and spaces are significant.

Thanks. I got a similar reply from Martin Carlisle to a private e-mail.
I guess what was throwing me off was the use of "key". In regedit, a key
is a folder in the left pane. In the right pane are values, which have a
name and content. So in this terminology, I need the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT

and a value named ROOT. I built that and it works fine.

> Btw: How did you install GNAT? This keys should be created during
> installation.

I installed MinGW, which installs GNAT, in c:\MinGW\bin.

--
Jeff Carter
"I blow my nose on you."