From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Q: generic children of generic packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:27:23 GMT
Date: 2001-06-11T17:27:23+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <vc58ziz3rgf.fsf@grinch.htc.honeywell.com>, Steve Vestal says...

>I'm trying to do something like:
>
>    generic  ...
>    package Generic_Stuff is ...
>    private ...
>    end Generic_Stuff;
>
>    generic ...
>    package Generic_Stuff.Generic_IO is ...
>    end Generic_Stuff.Generic_IO;
>
>Does anyone know how to make this work?  (My intuition was that an

It looks fine to me. The precise nature of your problem might be a bit clearer
if you specified the exact error you are getting (and the source surrounding
that line).

My guess is that you are actually having instantiation troubles. Remember that
you have to instantiate the child generic from an *instance* of the parent
generic, not from the parent generic itself.

---