From: "Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: VxWorks memory error when closing ADA file
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:21:15 GMT
Date: 2001-04-25T00:21:15+00:00	[thread overview]

"Smark" <not.provided@all.com> wrote in message
news:9c3vp5$f2s4@cui1.lmms.lmco.com...
> "Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com> wrote in message
> >
> > vxWorks version? who's compiler? target type? host type? These might
help...

> > Some notes:
> >
> >  On vxWorks, if your file access is via FTP (unless you have a local
disk or
> > have
> > specifically tried to make it via NFS it is probably via FTP). If it is
ftp,
> > the file is not written to
> > the network until the file is closed.
>
> In fact, the same is true for file access via NFS.
>
> Mark

In fact unless they broke this for more recent versions of vxWorks, NFS did
not cache
the entire file in RAM prior to flushing it to the network nor does it read
the entire file into
RAM prior to allowing read calls to operate. If this is happening with your
target I suspect a configuration
problem.

Now, as for the original question I still wonder if perhaps the filesystem
is double mounted
(very typical if NFS is used that the device would be accessible both via
FTP and NFS and
just accessing the file via a different path would change the approach).

While it is always possible you have some RAM problem a much more likely
event would
be some sort of memory allocation/deallocation problem. Are you running with
Ada checks enabled?
Other than vxWorks is there any C code that is running?