From: Per Sandberg <per.s.sandberg@bahnhof.se>
Subject: Re: pass a argument to spawn
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:12:58 +0100
Date: 2016-01-12T08:12:58+01:00	[thread overview]

Well
An argument_list is an array of String_Access and needs to be initialize
as such.
with GNAT.OS_Lib; use GNAT.OS_Lib;
with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Console_Ada is
    State_Spawn : Boolean;
    Arg         : constant Argument_List :=
        (1 => new String'("-a"));
        -- Named association is needed since there is only one argument.
        -- This construct also leaks memory but that does not matter here
        -- since the program terminate immediate.
begin
    Put_Line ("Print of your files :");
    Spawn ("/bin/ls", Arg, State_Spawn);
    Put (" Execution of the program with Spawn ? : " & State_Spawn'Img);
end Console_Ada;
/May i also suggest that you look into the GNAT.Expect package.
/Per