* "Library_Interface" GPR project attributes for Stand-alone Library
@ 2005-08-13 17:03 David Sauvage
From: David Sauvage @ 2005-08-13 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
i read on the GNAT RM [1], that the GPR project attributes
"Library_Interface" was used for Stand-alone Library project.
I'm trying to use it and get :

ibservices.gpr:9:08: undefined attribute "library_interface"

ibservices.gpr:9 =>  for Library_Interface use ("Libservices",
"Libservices.Child");

any tips about that ?, Thanks

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_rm/Project-Attributes.html

config :
Debian GNU/Linux Sarge
GPS 2.1.0 (20041129) hosted on i386-pc-linux-gnu
GNAT 3.15p  (20020523)

--
David

* Re: "Library_Interface" GPR project attributes for Stand-alone Library
@ 2005-08-13 18:03 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-08-13 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Sauvage <pariakaman@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> i read on the GNAT RM [1], that the GPR project attributes
> "Library_Interface" was used for Stand-alone Library project.
> I'm trying to use it and get :
>
> ibservices.gpr:9:08: undefined attribute "library_interface"
>
> ibservices.gpr:9 =>  for Library_Interface use ("Libservices",
> "Libservices.Child");
>
> any tips about that ?, Thanks
>
> [1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_rm/Project-Attributes.html
>
> config :
> Debian GNU/Linux Sarge
> GPS 2.1.0 (20041129) hosted on i386-pc-linux-gnu
> GNAT 3.15p  (20020523)

Library_Interface is new in GCC 3.4, so you don't have it in GNAT
3.15p.  It does nothing more than generate a master procedure that
"withs" the named packages, and cause the binder to generate the
elaboration procedures.  You can achieve the same effect by generating
the master file yourself, like I describe in the Debian Policy for
Ada.

I don't think that Library_Interface is very useful anyway; I think it
is better to generate the list of packages rather than maintain it by
hand in a project file.

PS. Beware that the link above points to the GCC 4.1.0 version of the
GNAT reference manual, and GCC 4.1.0 has not yet been released.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: "Library_Interface" GPR project attributes for Stand-alone Library
@ 2005-08-13 20:18   ` David Sauvage
From: David Sauvage @ 2005-08-13 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> PS. Beware that the link above points to the GCC 4.1.0 version of the
> GNAT reference manual, and GCC 4.1.0 has not yet been released.

Oops sorrry, thanks for all the precisions ...