From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: how to make a record work??? any help would be greatly appreciated
Date: 1999/09/14
Date: 1999-09-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>  type a is array (1..6) of integer;
>  type neighbouring_country is
>      record
>   type my_country is array (1..6) of neighbouring_country;
>   a(i):=my_country(i);
Attempts to store a neighbouring_country in an integer.
>   get (my_country(i).neighbouring_country);
Attempts to read into the "neighbouring_country" field of a
neighbouring_country - but there is no such field.
  If you want to input/output a rectangular table, why not
just use what you have - a rectangular array of yes/no/self?
  In any case, choose names that match the idea.  My_country
certainly sounds like a single, particular country, but actually
it's a type name.  A neighboring_country is also not a particular
country, but the name of a (different) type.  A
neighboring_country has all the info there is about a country,
namely a name and a list of its neighbors, but my_country has only
a list of neighbors, and no name.
  Look at "Ada Quality and Style" for good suggestions.