From: "Steve Doiel" <nospam_steved94@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Help setting up an array of records
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 01:58:20 GMT
Date: 2002-05-23T01:58:20+00:00	[thread overview]

"Matt Thomas" <matt_ontheroad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:acgcbn$sue$1@paris.btinternet.com...
> I know this might be a stupid question to most of you but i have just
> started using Ada.

Good.  I hope you eventually like the language as much as I do.

> For my uni coursework i have to write a program to simulate a vending
> machine.
>
> I'm using an array of records to represent the items in the vending
machine
> but I dont know how to actually get the information into my array.  I need
> to specify the name of the item, its cost and the quantity left.

My first response is that you have at least 3 choices:
  Read the values from a file
  Ask the user to enter the values
  Hard code the values into the program

My second response (in case you're really _just_ getting started) is with a
very small sample:

  PRODUCT(1).PRICE := 42;

I hope this helps,
SteveD