From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@email.enst.fr>
Subject: Re: DOS GNAT 1.83 returns 'unknown file type' on compilation
Date: 4 Nov 1994 09:30:44 +0100
Date: 1994-11-04T09:30:44+01:00	[thread overview]

    Roger> Several people have emailed me suggesting other things; I
    Roger> get the impression that all had gcc installed before
    Roger> GNAT. I used the 'minimal gcc installation' provided with
    Roger> the GNAT distribution. My suspicions are that if I install
    Roger> a full gcc, then install gnat, things will work.

I haven't installed gcc before gnat, I got the 'minimal djgpp
installation' provided with Gnat 1.83 MSDOS executables. And this
works just fine. You should try to re-pick up a clean distribution (3
disks) and re-install it from scratch.

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire