* calling other languages (C) from ADA
@ 1991-02-20 15:14 leisner.wbst139
From: leisner.wbst139 @ 1991-02-20 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I find you need to specify a C compiling system when you want to integrate C
code into an ADA program.

Most C compilers are somewhat incompabitable with each other (ANSI-C from GNU
is great).

When vendors use different C compilers on cross/host modes, for all practical
purposes they implement somewhat different languages.

Interesting...

marty
(Knowledge is useful in the Information Age)
(I hate slow, non-intuitive non-creative computer systems)
ARPA:	leisner.wbst139@xerox.com
NS:  leisner:wbst139:xerox
UUCP:	hplabs!arisia!leisner

From: leisner.wbst139 @ 1991-02-20 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I find you need to specify a C compiling system when you want to integrate C
code into an ADA program.

Most C compilers are somewhat incompabitable with each other (ANSI-C from GNU
is great).

When vendors use different C compilers on cross/host modes, for all practical
purposes they implement somewhat different languages.

Interesting...

marty
(Knowledge is useful in the Information Age)
(I hate slow, non-intuitive non-creative computer systems)
ARPA:	leisner.wbst139@xerox.com
NS:  leisner:wbst139:xerox
UUCP:	hplabs!arisia!leisner

* Re: calling other languages (C) from ADA
@ 1991-02-21 23:55 ` Jim Showalter
From: Jim Showalter @ 1991-02-21 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

>When vendors use different C compilers on cross/host modes, for all practical
>purposes they implement somewhat different languages.

Precisely. That's why whenever someone tells me they write in C I always
make it a point to ask "Which one?".
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own. Duh. Like you'd
ever be able to find a company (or, for that matter, very many people) with