* Ada using Microsoft .NET example now up on AdaPower
@ 2000-12-22  9:41 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-12-22  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

With the help of  GNATCOM, I created a simple package that allows access to
all the "managed classes" of Microsoft's .NET platform. That includes all
the OS services, GUI classes, etc. etc. etc.

It is a just a quick example that creates a dialog box and pops it on the
screen.

You will need to have .NET installed on your system, currently that means
installing the .NET SDK from MS's site. (But the source may prove
interesting even if you don't have the SDK)

The example is on the GNATCOM page at http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom

David Botton

* Re: Ada using Microsoft .NET example now up on AdaPower
@ 2000-12-22 12:51 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2000-12-22 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <000d01c06bfb$4ed996e0$0100a8c0@db2000>, "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> writes:
> With the help of  GNATCOM, I created a simple package that allows access to
> all the "managed classes" of Microsoft's .NET platform. That includes all
> the OS services, GUI classes, etc. etc. etc.
>
> It is a just a quick example that creates a dialog box and pops it on the
> screen.
>
> You will need to have .NET installed on your system, currently that means
> installing the .NET SDK from MS's site. (But the source may prove
> interesting even if you don't have the SDK)

Are you saying that with the hundreds of discs we get each year on
our MSDN subscription they haven't bothered to include .NET material ?

* Re: Ada using Microsoft .NET example now up on AdaPower
@ 2000-12-22 15:16   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-12-22 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Yup, that is the one. You can download the SDK if you wish or order on-line
the VisualStudio.Net Beta.

David Botton

@ 2000-12-22 16:00     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2000-12-22 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are they expected to eventually put the .NET material onto the MSDN discs ?

@ 2000-12-22 17:12       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-12-22 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

It will have to be by the time you get the VisualStudio.NET (aka v. 7) CDs.
I suspect that the .NET support will be in the next service pack for 2000
regardless.

David Botton

?