From: "Martin Dowie" <martin.m.dowie@no.spam.ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Circular type definition problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:16:27 +0100
Date: 2001-06-11T21:16:27+01:00	[thread overview]

you could split out the implementation specifics into a seperate package
e.g.

with System.Direct_IO;

package Project_Specifics is

   -- Specific to GNAT
   --
   Direct_IO_Count_Last : constant := System.Direct_IO.Count'Last;

end Project_Specifics;

with Ada.Direct_Io;
with Project_Specifics;

package Temp is

   type Byte is mod 256;

   type Block;

   type Blockdata is array (0 .. 511) of Byte;

   type Node_Count is range 0 .. Project_Specifics.Direct_IO_Count_Last;

   type Block is
      record
         Next_Node : Node_Count;
         Data      : Blockdata;
      end record; -- Block

   pragma Pack(Blockdata);
   pragma Pack(Block);

   package Node_Io is new Ada.Direct_Io(Block);
   use Node_Io;

end Temp;