From: Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Subject: Re: Memory limits in Ada where Fortran has none
Date: 16 Mar 2005 14:41:12 -0500
Date: 2005-03-16T14:41:12-05:00	[thread overview]

"braver" <deliverable@gmail.com> writes:

> Bob -- how different is GNATPro from GCC GNAT?  And how much is it?
> :-)

I don't know.  Talk to AdaCore.  GNATPro is gcc GNAT, but I probably
have a newer version, which will eventually be released publicly.  You
basically pay AdaCore for support, which is quite good.  Here I am
advertising my company's competitor.  SofCheck has no Ada compiler for
Linux at the moment, but we do sell an Ada-to-C translator that can be
used on any machine that supports C, including Linux.  (And our support
is quite good, too, if I do say so myself.  ;-))

Allocating large arrays should work just as well in Ada as it does in
Fortran.  If you're having trouble with it in Ada, then either you're
doing something wrong, or the compiler has a bug.  You can report bugs
to AdaCore even if you don't have a support contract.

> Once I'm on the subject, anyone has good experience with Rational on
> Linux?

Rational Ada is also a good compiler.  I've used it, but not on Linux.

- Bob
  Vice President of Engineering
  SofCheck, Inc.