From: "DuckE" <nospam_steved94@home.com>
Subject: Re: pointer in C & in  Ada
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:14:35 GMT
Date: 2001-08-08T03:14:35+00:00	[thread overview]

In C "void *p" means that 'p' contains a pointer to an address where the
type of data at that address is unspecified.  This corresponds to an Ada
variable of type System.Address.

In C you cannot access data using the pointer unless you cast it to a
particular type.  This corresponds to using
System.Address_To_Access_Conversions in Ada.

SteveD

BTW: While my answer may not be techically correct, I believe it will lead
you to something that works.