From: Rod Kay <rodakay5@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Status of openGL support in GtkAda.
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 20:34:35 +1100	[thread overview]

On 2/10/23 19:44, Vadim Godunko wrote:

> GtkAda is binding for Gtk+ 3.24.x version, it doesn't support Gtk 4.
>
> GtkAda doesn't provide OpenGL API binding, but supports OpenGL. There is no example in testgtk for this reason - it requires OpenGL API binding.

    I'm very happy to report that openGL support in gtkada works fine. I
made a simple blunder in my initial test (not attaching the gl_Area
widget to my main window widget *sigh* :) ).

    It is also possible to use an openGL engine (ie a renderer in it's
own ada task) with gtakada. A simple protected object to prevent mutual
access between the gtkada task (main environment task) and the openGL
engine task, is all that was required.

    *Thank* you Vadim for letting me know that the openGL support is there.

    Now, onto my game ! ... :D

    "The game is afoot!"

Regards.

P.S.   Would anyone know if gtkada might be 'upgraded' to support gtk4 ?
        Just curious (gtk3 is fine for my purposes).