From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.A.Leake@nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Random Access in Ada.Text_IO files
Date: 11 Feb 2003 13:58:50 -0500
Date: 2003-02-11T19:11:53+00:00	[thread overview]

"Micha� Morawski" <morawski@zsk.p.lodz.pl> writes:

> Sometimes, other task try to analyze the log and the task need to read the
> same file.

This is very operating system dependent. There is no guarantee that
Ada.Text_IO files will allow this.

If the two tasks are part of the same program, have them share an
in-memory queue of strings, rather than an external file.

> <snip> and my own module have no acces to stream field of
> File_Type.

If you are writing your own file package, you should not try build it
on top of Text_IO.

You might be able to use Ada.Streams.Stream_IO instead.

--
-- Stephe