From: Stephen Leake <stephe_on_the_web@toadmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada95 skills test - Beta version(FREE)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:40:21 -0500
Date: 2006-02-22T21:40:21-05:00	[thread overview]

"jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> <snip comments>
>
> One question dealt with interfacing a C function to Ada.
> It requires knowledge of C and Ada, which is not appropriate
> for an Ada test.

This I disagree with. Many libraries are only available in C,
as are most operating systems. Ada is very good at interfacing with C,
so it is appropriate that the topic be covered in some way.

> Furthermore, none of the multiple choice answers is correct. The C
> function requires an array of char. Most likely that is a C string,
> which is null terminated, while corresponding Ada strings are not.
> The example makes no use of Interfaces.C.Strings.

Hmm. You must have taken a different test than I did; the C interface
question I saw was about link names. it was also slightly wrong.

> I suggest that you hire an experienced Ada programmer to
> develop the test.

They tried to do that here last year. I offered to help; I don't know
who ended up writing the test.

> The person who developed the test does not understand Ada well
> enough. The test should not be some clone of a C++ or Java test.

It didn't strike me as a clone. But I should take their C++ and Java
tests first; that would provide some insight.

I hope you provided your input on the test forms.

--
-- Stephe