From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT Community 2020 (20200818-93):   Big_Integer
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 21:58:35 -0500	[thread overview]

"Simon Wright" <simon@pushface.org> wrote in message
news:lyr0prq19e.fsf@pushface.org...
> I don't know whether the ARM requires/expects Big_Integer to be
> streamable, but I think you had every reason to expect it!

See 13.13.1(54/1):

For every subtype S of a language-defined nonlimited specific type T, the
output generated by S'Output or S'Write shall be readable by S'Input or
S'Read, respectively. This rule applies across partitions if the
implementation conforms to the Distributed Systems Annex.

Ada.Numerics.Big_Numbers.Big_Integers.Big_integer surely is a
language-defined nonlimited specific type, so the above applies. Streaming
should work, if it doesn't, that's a bug.

                 Randy.