From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Interfaces.C questions
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:35:44 -0500
Date: 2017-03-22T15:35:44-05:00	[thread overview]

"Simon Wright" <simon@pushface.org> wrote in message
news:lyvar2co6i.fsf@pushface.org...
> "Michael B." <michaelb@example.com> writes:
>
>> On 17.03.2017 23:24, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>> P.S. For convention C assume this:
>>>
>>> 1. out T, in out T, access T are equivalent
>>>
>>> 2. in T and access T are equivalent when T is non-scalar (you can pass
>>> int, array, or record, the compiler will sort that out)
>>>

>> Is this GNAT specific or true for all Ada compilers?
>
> See ARM B.3(63)[1]ff for the ARM on this subject.
>
> [1] http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/rm12_w_tc1/html/RM-B-3.html#p63

Keep in mind that this is Implementation Advice, not a requirement.
Implementations are supposed to document variations from IA, but how that's
done (and how useful it is) varies wildly. Our experience with Claw says
that implementors try to follow it pretty closely. The only deviations that
wehad in Janus/Ada was in cases where the advice made no sense (and those
have been cleaned up in the years since).

                                   Randy.