From: "John B. Matthews" <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: gnat: Execution_Time is not supported in this configuration
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:13:20 -0500
Date: 2009-12-07T12:13:20-05:00	[thread overview]

In article
<213be370-c1da-4d5b-89c4-cd30ad6aef18@e20g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 singo <sander.ingo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 1:10 pm, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de>
> wrote:
>
> > The reason are explained in the GNAT source files...
> > --  This unit is not implemented in typical GNAT implementations
> > --  that lie on top of operating systems, because it is infeasible
> > --  to implement in such environments.
> >
> > --  If a target environment provides appropriate support for this
> > --  package then the Unimplemented_Unit pragma should be removed
> > --  from this spec and an appropriate body provided.
[...]
> Or how do I have to read "fully implemented"?

I'm guessing "fully implemented" on supported platforms and "not
required in all implementations [1]." GNAT actually meets the
implementation and documentation requirements [2]. My OS simply doesn't
have the required facilities; it's designed for a GUI user, not
real-time. If I were cross-developing, I'd perhaps create a fake body.
On Linux, it might be possible to get something relatively informative
out of /proc/<PID>/task/<TID>/stat.

[1]<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_rm/Specialized-Needs-Annexes.html#
Specialized-Needs-Annexes>
[2]<http://www.adaic.org/standards/05rm/html/RM-D-14.html>