From: "Gautier Write-only-address" <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: string to uppercase
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:13:41 +0000
Date: 2002-04-23T09:13:41+00:00	[thread overview]

>This is probably a simple question and I apologise for it, but is
>their a simple way to change the case of a string
>ie. from lower to upper.

In Ada.Characters.Handling you have...

   -- Conversion Functions for Character and String --

   function To_Lower (Item : in Character) return Character;
   function To_Upper (Item : in Character) return Character;
   function To_Basic (Item : in Character) return Character;

   function To_Lower (Item : in String) return String;
   function To_Upper (Item : in String) return String;
   function To_Basic (Item : in String) return String;

HTH
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

NB: For a direct answer, address on the Web site!