From: Matthew Heaney <matthew_heaney@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Stream_io / records with default discriminants
Date: 1999/02/14
Date: 1999-02-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Bernd Ragutt" <BerndRagutt@csi.com> writes:

> I have no problems writing and reading records without (!) default
> discriminants (using S'Output and S'Input).
> But when trying to read a record with (!) a default discriminant (using
> S'Output and S'Input), there is an exception.

You must post the smallest fragment of compilable code that illustrates
the behavior you observe.  Without code, we can only guess what is
going on.

Make sure that the object into which you are reading isn't constrained
in any way.  If the discriminant of the data in the stream doesn't match
the discriminant of your (constrained) object, then of course
Constraint_Error would occur.

But this is only a guess, because you haven't even told us which
exception you're getting.