From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Interfacing C type, unconstrained array with record
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:20:19 +0100
Date: 2010-10-17T11:20:19+01:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> writes:

> On 10/16/2010 12:19 PM, Ron Wills wrote:
>>
>> The "pragma Convention" did the trick! I must say, Ada is the one
>> language I've encountered that seems to have the largest learning
>> curve because of the most cryptic references I ever seen ;)
>
> You should probably finish learning Ada before trying to do stuff like
> interfacing with C. Then you'd realize the "cryptic references" are
> all due to C.

I agree about the cryptic references being because of C, but .. people
normally start on a new language because they have a project in mind and
it seems like a possible fit; and if that project involves interfacing
with C, that's where they're going to begin.

Personally (but them I've been doing this for a while) I found the ARM
sections on interfacing pragmas
(http://www.adaic.com/standards/05rm/html/RM-B-1.html) and interfacing
with C and C++ (http://www.adaic.com/standards/05rm/html/RM-B-3.html)
clear -- except that I started at the second, and only found the link to
the first half-way down the page.